1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grammy Awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Feb 10, 2013.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Watching the red carpet stuff, have no idea who any of these people are, but they all look demented.

Anyone else seeing this?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What channel?

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

E!

Also, I do not understand giant neck tattoos.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Watching the live stream from E! and they just showed two couples on the red carpet, I guess during a commercial on the broadcast, and I still have no idea who they are.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Can this topic also be renamed "Pop Culture Blind Spot?"

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Okay, this makes me feel better because I always figure you know who everyone is.

What was the CBS dress code rule? Asking because we've already seen everything except a...no, take that back, just saw that too.

7. imjustagirl

I might turn it onto E. The live feed I assumed would have the broadcast, but it does not. It's just bad music over people silently moving about. I did see Kaley Cuoco in a t-shirt and jacket. That was not exactly Grammy-worthy.

And 21, I used to. Then I stopped watching videos, or interviews, or anything like that. So I literally have no idea what people look like any more.

8. imjustagirl

I stayed with the live feed until they showed Adam Levine. Figured it wasn't getting any better than that.

Have they shown Bruno Mars? He's one of the few guys I'd be interested to see what he's wearing.

Who's looked terrible?

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I would tell you except I don't know who they are.

Taylor Swift looked nice, too bad she opens her mouth to speak. Nicole Kidman's face has not moved in 15 years. J-Lo looks...odd. Have to get a second look at that. Adele must have lost her luggage because she appears to be wearing a bedspread. Carrie Underwood looks good.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Natasha Bedingfield (is that what they said) has a great dress that shows the legs, but she has lousy legs.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Guess we won't see Dick Whitman around for the next four hours.

12. imjustagirl

Carrie Underwood looks great. Kelly Rowland looks GREAT. I'm totally over the Carly Rae Jepsen thing. Can we stop acting like she has talent? Please?

Also: "Much love to the strippers." -- Giuliana Rancic

Draft saved Draft deleted