1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grammy Awards 2011

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I will be enjoying the fine work of the Mumfords on the farm in June.

As well as the 'Cade, of course.

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

If you're Win Butler, the world's most unlikely sex symbol, easily.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

For her to sustain, she'll have to crossover into movies, and I'm not sure she can act. I'm pretty confident she can't actually. It would help if the music was good enough to crossover demos, but most people know it's not. Can you play any of her songs on adult contemp in 5-7 years? Not so far. But you can play Katy Perry's Firework. And probably Teenage Dream. And you can play a whole side of hits from Beyonce and Britney Spears, not to mention Madonna. There's only so many of those slots on the playlist.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Mumford going to be within 8 hours of here in June. A trip to Telluride may be in the works.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Have heard about 20 of their songs. I have yet to get to one where his singing sounds like he actually cares about how he sounds.

They're like Rage Against the Machine for me. Really dig the music, but then the singer comes in and ruins the proceedings.

Not that I need a good singer, considering a lot of the music I enjoy. But this guy's voice is one that takes away from some really interesting tunes.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

For me, that band was Joy Division for a long time. That was mainly because "Love Will Tear Us Apart" was the only song of theirs I'd heard. Love those guys now.

Draft saved Draft deleted