1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Governor Moonbeam: no on pot, "we need to stay alert"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Mar 2, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

YankeeFan must be stoned to the gills if he didn't post this.

Jerry Brown, on Meet The Press: "The world's pretty dangerous, very competitive. I think we need to stay alert, if not 24 hours a day, more than some of the potheads might be able to put together."

http://www.sfgate.com/news/medical/article/California-governor-unsure-legal-pot-is-good-plan-5282390.php

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Might be right. The rows and rows of dispensaries in the U.S. capital of the Netherlands is a bit unseemly, frankly, and I think is dealing a blow to its ultra-health-conscious image of living here. (Yes, I'm back living here.) Yes, the money is rolling in early (a LOT more than anticipated in the first two months; yes, I voted for the legalization). But it's, frankly, a small, niche market. What happens when there's a Wal-Mart/corporate approach to the dispensaries? But I digress.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Love the headline.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just realized Colorado's new pot regulations give a new meaning to Mile High.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I would love to see the a Big Box pot store, just to make the hippies' heads explode.
    Cheap, effective pot? Awesome.
    But wait, support the small business, man. Not awesome.
    But ... cheap pot ...
    <Ka-boom>

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Too bad the name Bud's is already taken.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Be good if Walmart started selling cheap pot. Be a better alternative
    drug for the white trash crowd than meth.

Draft saved Draft deleted