1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

gotta whole lotta lunch

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Mike Damone: I mean don't just walk in. You move across the room. And you don't talk to her. You use your face. You use your body. You use everything. That's what I do. I mean I just send out this vibe and I have personally found that women do respond. I mean, something happens.

Mark Ratner: Well, naturally something happens. I mean, you put the vibe out to 30 million chicks, something is gonna happen.

Mike Damone: That's the idea, Rat. That's the attitude.

Mark Ratner: The attitude?

Mike Damone: Yeah! The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Always wondered what happened to the skier.

Thanks for the encouragement Seabasket, but I suspect Flash is right on this one. "Some time later would be good," would indicate that she'd like to have lunch on a day when she had more time. "Maybe" usually means no.  

Then again, she was smiling broadly during our whole interaction, even before I made a total 'tard out of myself in comic fashion, so who knows.  I'll ask her out again in a week or two and if I get the Heisman again, then that's that.  Presumably, even a flat-out rejection wouldn't be as bad as today's "Muh muh muh muh lunch?" event.

Rachel is getting no chocolate, however.  I tend not to give women gifts, even modest ones, after they turn me down for lunch.  I only humiliate myself by accident, not on purpose.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

;D Good strategy, Irish. Don't forget about those other prospects.

4. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Irish:

I say you call her at her office later in the week. Call Thursday p.m. and ask about lunch Friday or ask her Friday a.m. for lunch that day. Showing up in person again will lead her to believe you're a stalker.
    Which, of course, you are.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

She was smiling because she knows that working at a legal office means they'll file the restraining order for free.

6. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Go to her office around closing time and quietly follow her home to make sure she isn't seeing somebody else.

Park your car outside and check on her all night long.  If you get the chance, bump into her and say Hi a couple of times.

Do this and see how long it takes before the words "restraining order" are mentioned.

Just a thought.

(edited to show the Armchair beat me to the mention of restraining order by less than a minute)

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Listen to him Flounder. He's majoring in pre-med.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

"A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Closing. Always be closing, always be closing."

Words to live by, Irish. :)

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If you can't get to your car, drive the bullpen cart instead.

[​IMG]

10. Give her an option:

You: How about we grab some lunch and a Nooner (or afternoon delight, whichever you prefer)?
    Her: um, No.
    You: ... ... OK.  ... ... How 'bout we skip lunch and just slip out for a nooner? You know, I get all freak nasty and give you the best five-minute - cuddling not included - scrog ride of your week.
    Shit, we'll hit the Starbucks on the way back to the office and I'll get you a latte.

;D ;D

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I knew that the inevitable asshole posts from the board would be a small price to pay for the funny ones... ;D

12. leo1

leo1 Active Member

the first one make sense. but what does the second line mean?

Draft saved Draft deleted