1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Got my first set of orders

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Mar 18, 2007.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

If I'm selected for flight training, I'm at least two and a half years from the sandbox. If not, I could be there in January. The 3rd ID, the Marne Division, was immediately sent back to Iraq for the troop surge. It's the first division to jump the pond three times. I have a buddy who commissioned last May as an armor officer. He's a DAT (dumb ass tanker) in 1st brigade, 3rd ID, and will head to the box this summer upon completion of his armor training -- and join his unit, deployment in progress. I can't imagine the situation in which he's been placed -- a rookie lieutenant in a tank platoon full of soldiers on their third tour.

If you couldn't already tell, I'm really hoping my packet looks really good in front of those colonels.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

3BG, Did you remember to put me on there as a reference? I don't think I could pass an FBI check, but I'm not above trying to sweet talk a few colonels for you.

Good luck, man. Keep us informed.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

4. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Good luck TBF. A buddy of mine was a medivac pilot in Gulf War I. That's God's work you'll be doing.

Draft saved Draft deleted