1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Got McNabb? No? Who cares!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Dec 17, 2006.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Brandon Jacobs has had some decent games this year, but if Tiki Barber couldn't "slice and dice" the Eagles' defense, I don't think Jacobs was going to (he also was a bit gimpy throughout much of the game).

That said, Coughlin is an awful coach and I'm not sure why people have ever thought he was good. He brought the Jags to the AFC Championship one year and has been living off that ever since. He's apparently the only person in football who doesn't see that Eli Manning plays much better in the no-huddle offense than the rest of the time. Why he hasn't started throwing in some no-huddle in the middle of the half is beyond me.

I sincerely believe Coughlin is the reason Barber is retiring at the end of the season.

[/end fanboy looser rant]
    [/quote]

Barber sure made that touchdown look easy. Small backs don't seem to run well against the Eagles like they used to. It's the big backs that give them so much trouble because their linebackers (except Trotter) are all so small. I was shocked Jacobs didn't get the ball 10-15 times. I really thought he could have run all over their D, but thanks to Coughlin we'll never know. Thanks Tom!
    [/quote]

As I pointed out earlier, Jacobs was hampered with a leg injury (he went back to the locker room for a while and was still gimpy when he returned), so I'm sure that had something to do with it. That, and the fact that -- for the most part -- Jacobs sucks, I'm sure factored into the number of carries he received.

There's no way you can watch that game and think that the number of carries Brandon Jacobs got had anything to do with the outcome.

But yes, Tom Coughlin sucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted