1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gored. In. The. Throat.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NoOneLikesUs, May 22, 2010.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I saw a smaller version of this photo on the web earlier and totally did not realize what had happened.

That picture is gruesome.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Ditto.

And great pull. :)

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I saw this on another website.

Rule #1: do not fuck with the animals.

Rule #2: if you don't learn from the chimp who ripped that poor woman's face off, then you need to be screamed at "do not FUCK with the animals!".

Darwin wasn't crazy.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I was told the New York Post had that photo as their cover.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Correct.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

http://www.nypost.com/archives/covers/;jsessionid=342B5C60E6159968E2874D333D49BBBF?dateChosen=05222010

Headline:

H-OLE!

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It almost looks like he's sticking a black tongue out of his mouth. Then you realize, it's the horn. Eeech.

8. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

The photo isn't any more winceworthy for me than when a guy in a stupid hat sticks a giant sword into a drugged animal for the sake of sport.

If they mounted a self-shooting bazooka on the head of the bull, the sport would then be fair. If the moron in the cape gets a weapon, the bull should get a weapon, too.

I was always told by people that if I went to Spain, I'd understand that it's part of the culture. Well, I made it to Spain two summers ago. My feelings about the sport went unchanged.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

I've always felt that way about deer hunting too. Give the deer a way to fight back and let's kick back with some popcorn and watch the carnage unfold.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Forgot where I heard it, but it holds true:

It's not a sport if only one of the participants knows he's playing.

11. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I would agree, except that living in Ohio, the killing of deer is absolutely necessary. A state like this would be overrun with whitetails within a year. They are now moving into the suburbs.

Hell, I can't get a single apple off my tree in the back yard without one of those fuckers eating all of them, then staring at me in my back window with Bambi eyes.

So unless we can convince them to start using protection or pull out, killing deer is pretty necessary.

There are no wild bulls overrunning Spain, though.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

LOL, point taken.

Reminds me of Uncle Jimbo from South Park - "So you see, if we don't kill animals, they'll die." But he was right.

Draft saved Draft deleted