1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gore endorses Obama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Other than the enormous cost of human life....

Being lied to about WMD....

The lack of knowledge/balls on alternative fuels....

Not reading a newspaper therefore not knowing about Katrina's effects...

A recession...

Other than that, I really don't know what there is to be bitter about.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Well, your guy is a colossal favorite this time, so we'll see if he can close the deal or if he shits the bed like the last two... :D

3. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

You can talk tactical mistakes all you want, Gore still won.

Had Gore been president on Sept. 11, 2001 -- setting aside the fact that I personally doubt it would have happened had Gore been president -- all this fervor about energy independence would have started on Sept. 12.

What does it say about the American people that energy independence is only a topic when they have to pay $4 for a gallon of gas but not when we get attacked by Muslim extremists funded by countries we rely on for oil?

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

5. Mizzougrad96

Well, if you go by that logic, then Hillary should be the nominee... :D

If you think Gore would have prevented 9/11, you are among the most idiotic people walking the planet.

6. Mizzougrad96

So if he wins, how will you spin that?

7. Mizzougrad96

Is he in the White House?

So shut the fuck up. He lost. Get over it.

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I don't have to spin anything. The last eight years have established that voters made a poor decision. I was characterizing your vote more than anything else, and perhaps I was too subtle.

9. Mizzougrad96

I won't be that upset if Obama wins, I'm just really sick of people whining about Gore.

10. I'm sick of people whining about the whining about Gore.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I agree with both of those points: Democrats who voted for Nadar were their own worst enemies in 2000, much like conservatives who voted for Midget Ross in 1992 and 1996. And as Dennis Leary's character put it in "Recount" those crippled blind bats who couldn't figure out the ballot (designed by a Democrat, by the way) and voted for Buchanan cost them. Neither of those situations were the fault of George W. Bush.
    However, I still think that while it might be nice for Obama to have Gore's endorsement for that photo op, he just might be thinking that he got this far without him, which meant dusting off the Clintons. Why does he "need" one vestige of the Clinton era.

12. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

It's not definitive, but it's absolutely plausible, and if you don't acknowledge that, you're among the most idiotic people walking the planet.

It wasn't the Gore administration that ignored the warnings of people like Richard Clarke simply because he was a Clinton holdover, and it wasn't the Gore administration that failed to act on a security brief titled "bin Laden Determined to Attack in United States."

Draft saved Draft deleted