1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GOP Response Ad to Run On Game 4 of the WS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Oct 24, 2006.

1. trounced - that doctor can't be right. John Edwards promised if he and John Kerry were elected that they would use embryonic stem cells to make Christopher Reeve walk again. They were defeated and Christopher Reeve died. Why would John Edwards promise something like that if he couldn't deliver?

For those making fun of the people in the Missouri ad - think about it. They have Jesus Christ himself, the hero from the St Louis Missouri Rams Super Bowl victory, potentially the hero of this year's Cardinals World Series Champions, the most popular player for the Royals (KC sits right on the Missouri border) and a mid-western mom (Heaton is from Ohio) who many women in Missouri can relate to. I bet that ad is very effective in Missouri.

2. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Thanks for the geography lesson. It is much appreciated. None of us sportswriters here knew that Kurt Warner played for the Rams or that Kansas City is actually in Missouri (well, part of it, at least).
    But thanks again for the help.

3. You mean the Mary L. Davenport, MD who writes for this fine publication?
    http://www.americanthinker.com/index.php
    Whoosh, boy howdy, I'm convinced.
    trounced is back.
    Troll IQ moving steadily toward room temperature.

4. Most research shows that Alzheimer's is caused by "plaque" deposits and that biochemicals may be the best hope for curing and preventing the disease. Emryonic stem cells probably will never play a role:

http://koudinov.info/alzclub/2005/07/embryonic-stem-cell-therapies-for.html

5. Well, I'm convinced!

6. And sportswriters are well known for being well rounded with expert level interests in the arts and sciences.

I could be wrong but most of the conversation about the ad seemed to center around MENSA meeting levels of discourse about how ugly Kurt Warner's wife is and whether these genius sportswriters would "hit it"

7. cortez

cortez Member

Shut up and pitch

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I'm not typically one to shoot the messenger, but the headline under "The Unconsionable Claims of Michael J. Fox" is

"The Al-Qaeda Bomb is Coming! Vote for Your Life!"

9. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I never said any of that, nor did I suggest that sportswriters were well-rounded. Your post was condescending. Just another example of why I shouldn't even click on these political threads.
    They all degrade into what we have now..... the same five monkeys of a certain political belief throwing their crap and calling names.
    I don't even want to delve into it anymore. It's pointless.

10. ESC research may not necessarily be a cure for AD. (Which, by the way, is not "caused by" plaques any more than the people in graveyards have been killed by tombstones. Plaques are a marker for the progress of the disease.) The AD research community is, in fact, aiming more toward a vaccine-based solution. (And the hypothesis regarding the role of beta-amyloid is still a subject of some controversy). However, since the consensus also is that AD may well turn out to be a number of different forms of the same disease -- much as we have Hepatitis A-C --if you tell most AD researchers that we should ignore, or underfund ESC research because at this moment it may not look promising as regards their particular field, they will laugh at you.
    See you around.

11. Your argument is compelling.

Thank you for teaching me something new today.

(See - there doesn't always have to be ill-will)

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Then where do we get our fun?

Draft saved Draft deleted