1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GOP Response Ad to Run On Game 4 of the WS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

EXCLUSIVE: Ad Response To Michael J. Fox running in Missouri tomorrow night; stars Jim Caviezel of 'The Passion of Christ,' Super Bowl MVP Kurt Warner, KC Royals All-Star Mike Sweeney, Patricia Heaton of 'Everybody Loves Raymond,' and Cardinals pitcher Jeff Suppan, who pitches Game 4 of World Series... MORE...

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I'm confused. D_B's posting stuff about tomorrow today?

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

4. What language is Snuff Film Jesus babbling there at the beginning?

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I could not understand a word he said. Kurt Warner is like "They admit there won't be any cures for at least 15 years." Well, you've convinced me. No reason to go on.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, after Warner & Suppan, the righties shouldn't complain about Robbins & Sarandon

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It's been 15 years since they started trying to find a cure for cancer and AIDS too. They may as well give up. What a waste of time. I'm far from a far-left liberal in the grand scheme of things (though far from being a far right conservative too) but the right has totally distorted this issue with such nonsense to cover up whats otherwise a weak argument from the pro-lifers (and I can at least see where they come from on this and other pro-life positions) that it's pretty sickening.

It's to the point where I hope everyone against stem cell research gets one of those diseases or illnesses they refuse to help fund research for a cure on and I hope they suffer the way they're hellbent on ensuring others suffer. The only exception is one friend of mine who actually does have parkinsons already, but still opposes the research. I think he's wrong and I hope they find a cure, but at least he's walking the walk.

8. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Ok, so Missourians are supposed to be influenced by a washed-up former Rams quarterback who just lost his job to Matt Leinart, a balky-backed Royals first baseman and Jeff freaking Suppan?
    Uh, Michael J Fox 1, Republicans 0.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes, but it's predicated on a national sporting event based in St. Louis. Time travel is permitted.

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

On second thought, Kurt Warner probably thinks the Rapture is upon us. I can see in that case why you wouldn't care about a cure 15 years down the road.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Too bad nothing D_B posts ever is.

12. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Who filmed this, some high school kid with a camcorder?

Draft saved Draft deleted