1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GOP, er, PGA Tour

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D-Backs Hack, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I think by adding in the caveat of supporting the Iraq War, those Euros aren't exactly put off by the guy's tax cuts or the other players' support of tax cuts.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Living like a Republican would be a great band name.

Where do rich Democrats live? You know, the welfare queens, scamming politicians, black ministers who fleece their flocks?

In a van down by the river?

3. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Condescending coda? Liberal superiority? I was going for liberal-on-social-issues, moderate-on-economic-issues superiority
    Look, these golfers have a job that most working stiffs would kill for. I would sell my soul to be an elite pro golfer...and if I was, the fact that the top rate on my taxes was going from 31% to 33% or 35% or 40% (or whatever the hell Clinton raised it to) would be the least of my worries. To me, what those guys did made them look out of touch with ordinary people. People don't like to hear folks who have a job that they would pay to do complain about money.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Wait, did I miss the day when anyone to the left of the neo-cons currently in power took a vow of poverty?

Goerge Will is gonna be pissed.

5. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

go Ranger Rick!

6. Gold

Gold Active Member

he didn't say stupid, he said crazy. :)

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Know that, Poin, but even though he lives in the uber-exclusive Bridges community (former home of the Battle at The Bridges), it's still surprising that someone making $20-plus million a year who can live wherever they want isn't living in a more tax-friendly state... on accountant's orders.

Can't blame him for living where he does, however. It's an incredible community.

8. Somewhere over by the Kennedys, I assume.

9. Ooh, the old "traitors to their class" argument.
    It must have been New Deal Day at the Milton Friedman Pre-School.

10. dog428

dog428 Active Member

No. Because anyone who voted for this assclown after the first four years is too stupid to waste insults on.

Got nothing to do with sharing someone's opinions, either. It's a simple equation, really. After watching this guy destroy everything he touched for a four-year span, there's only one option: NOT HIM. I don't give a shit if they voted for a goat. The goat would've done less damage, broken fewer laws and been far less embarrassing to the country than W.

And anyone who's still defending the dipshit after nearly six years, well ...

Draft saved Draft deleted