1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GOP Debate, sj.com Condensed Version

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, May 16, 2007.

1. Hey, Ben, what's your nationality?

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

A goulash of Western European.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That was part of it, but the end game for both Bin Laden and Zawahiri was to impose the modern Islamic movement founded by Qutb to all Muslim countries of the Middle East.

Bin Laden isssued at Fatwa against the United States In 1996 that was pretty clear. The stated cause was the continued presence of US in Saudi Arabia 5 years after Gulf War. He wrote "terrorizing you while you are carrying arms in our land. is a legitimate right and moral obligation."

The FBI had opened a case file to investigate Bin Laden. An agent by name of Dan Coleman was assigned to case. Coleman and a US Attorney by name of Patrick Fitzgerald met with a Sudanese informant who told of Bin Laden's fatwa and an organization called Al Qaeda.

Had to believe that Rudy would not be more aware of this.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Rudy was so AWARE of things guess where he put NY's Emergency Response Command Center? anyone, anyone?

The World Trade Center.
    Personally, I like Rudy. But he makes a lot of bad decisions.

5. The name Bernie Kerik occurs to me suddenly.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Bernie's a useful thug . . . a Rudy staple.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Often?

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Right, because you don't get an MBA and JD from Hahvahd, co-found a highly successful equity investment firm, save the Salt Lake City Games from near ruin and get elected governor of Massachusetts by being a foof.

9. I can assure Your Holiness a) that foofhood is no barrier to being elected governor of the Commonwealth, and b) that this always has been a completely bipartisan phenomenon (please see "Dukakis, Michael," and "Cellucci, Paul.")
    Also, Mitt is a foof because he accomplished everything you said -- including the wildly overrated "saving the Olympics" part -- with a single, largely authentic public personality, which he has completely abandoned in order to truckle to an extremist political base, many of whom think he's half-pagan.
    He's a post-gubernatorial foof.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Jones,
    Can you elaborate on Edwards' foofage? I'm interested.

Draft saved Draft deleted