1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Goodbye Mike Francesa: The Most Loved (and Hated) Broadcaster in New York

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deepest_background, Dec 14, 2017.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

If he gets 10,000 stupids — hell, even 5,000 — to get that app, that’s a nice chunk of change. Not as much as he’s getting from FAN, but not bad.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Ah, the old, 'If I get a million people to send me a dollar for no good reason, I'll be a millionaire' business plan.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Isn't that something fans put together?

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Not sure, have to check. Saw pics on nj.com a few weeks ago. Was just thinking if there's enough tools to show up for something like
    that he should definitely be able to make money with his app.

7. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Francesacon was started by fans. Mike had nothing to do with it, showed up unannounced for a few minutes to say hello one year, there were 4,000 people there. Deservedly or not, he has a large devoted fan base.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Much of his fan base is tongue in cheek. Passionate cynicism.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Mike Francesa thought the fake jersey exchange between Todd Gurley and a ref was real

Are there any examples of people coming out of retirement, or ignoring calls for a retirement that actually end well. I'm sure everyone wants the chance to leave a job on their terms. Maybe take a victory lap or whatever - but damn. Franscesa joins the Paterno, Armstrong, Jordan, Clemens and too many boxers to count Club of legacy damaging decisions to come out of retirement.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Francesa was that gullible the first time he was on FAN. It has nothing to do with being off the air for a few months.

Webster likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted