1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Goodbye Cathy the whining cartoon

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oggiedoggie, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Before they were married, Irving was pretty interesting as someone who would call out Cathy for her anal-retentivness. But once the marriage happened, Irving became as anal-retentive as her.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Cartoons? What are those? ::)

Oh, that's the colored inky stuff I toss in the recycle bin on Monday mornings. ::)

(I was kinda partial to Mopsy back in the day.) :)

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Ted Forth thinks Irving needs to grow a pair.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Not true. Most still have horoscopes.

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Oh shit!

I just realized that Cathy's lack of a nose explains so much ...

She can't taste very well, so she's always eating sweet stuff, looking for a hint of flavor.

She was never able to detect the overwhelming stench of Irving's mother's perfume when ever she was around him.

Because she could do nothing about her missing nose, she obsessed about her weight and appearance.

Her low self esteem made her a likely ball for the office game of FTFG, further lowering her self esteem. It's a vicious circle.

She also couldn't smell that Electra was crapping behind the furniture at the house in her attempt to become a passive/aggressive bitch just like her owner.

Her doting mother, trying to assuage her guilt of giving birth to a noseless freak by always checking up on her.

It all fits!

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Some of you people know waaaaaaaay too much about this comic strip.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Worst comic strip ever.

8. A bit off topic, but does anyone know what happened to "Adam @ home"?
    It's drawn completely different and the scripts make Facts of Life seem Shakespearian

9. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I read every comic in the paper -- and I ain't going to miss Cathy.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

For the first time in ages, I read every comic in my paper yesterday.

Maybe, maybe, one of them was funny and/or interesting on its own merit. And maybe an additional two were funny if I attached my own lewd version of their story.

That's sad.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

And with that, Moddy gets relegated to sleeping on the couch.

I dunno, I always liked Cathy. Guess I thought things could always get worse.

12. azom

azom Member

I'm not sure why, but I always thought it was fitting that, in the fire scene in Office Space, the cubicle that you see burning has a Cathy comic strip hung up in it.

Draft saved Draft deleted