1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good To See Ya Coach

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's a welcome sight to see Lee Corso back on the set of Gameday. It would not be the same without him .

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Amen to that. Gameday without Lee Corso just wouldn't be the same.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, I dug up the old Corso thread and posted on there before I saw this one.

He sounds OK. Not quite as motor-mouthed as he used to be, but it's not like watching/listening to Mike Gottfried, which is just hard to sit through.

5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Welcome back, Corso. Though I'm way more happy to see Kirk. YUM!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Steak Snabler

Best Corso story I ever heard:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2005-04-20-corso-cover_x.htm

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

My favorite Corso story is when he took the Indiana job and told boosters, "we're going to have a Rose Bowl team here next year." He then went out and scheduled a home game with UCLA, which had been in the Rose Bowl the previous season.

8. Steak Snabler

Heard a similar story about Brad Scott. When he first got the South Carolina job, an excited booster told him "coach, we're going to the Sugar Bowl!"

Scott replied, "Great! Get me a ticket. I'll sit with you."

9. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

After they got beat by USC in another game, he reiterated that. "I told you we were going to bring a Rose Bowl team to Bloomington, and we did today."

Corso found out he got fired by Indiana when he was on his way to Fort Wayne to recruit a promising young defensive back named Rod Woodson.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I love these stories. Nobody ever came closer to making losing look fun than Corso. If you know you're gonna lose, I guess that's the best way to do it.

11. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

That. Is. Awesome.

12. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Not a Corso fan (being a San Diego State grad, shouldn't be too hard to figure out why) ... but glad he's recovered.

Draft saved Draft deleted