1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good To See Ya Coach

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's a welcome sight to see Lee Corso back on the set of Gameday. It would not be the same without him .
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Amen to that. Gameday without Lee Corso just wouldn't be the same.
  4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, I dug up the old Corso thread and posted on there before I saw this one.

He sounds OK. Not quite as motor-mouthed as he used to be, but it's not like watching/listening to Mike Gottfried, which is just hard to sit through.
  5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Welcome back, Corso. Though I'm way more happy to see Kirk. YUM!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Steak Snabler

Best Corso story I ever heard:

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

My favorite Corso story is when he took the Indiana job and told boosters, "we're going to have a Rose Bowl team here next year." He then went out and scheduled a home game with UCLA, which had been in the Rose Bowl the previous season.
  8. Steak Snabler

Heard a similar story about Brad Scott. When he first got the South Carolina job, an excited booster told him "coach, we're going to the Sugar Bowl!"

Scott replied, "Great! Get me a ticket. I'll sit with you."
  9. crimsonace

crimsonace Active Member

After they got beat by USC in another game, he reiterated that. "I told you we were going to bring a Rose Bowl team to Bloomington, and we did today."

Corso found out he got fired by Indiana when he was on his way to Fort Wayne to recruit a promising young defensive back named Rod Woodson.
  10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I love these stories. Nobody ever came closer to making losing look fun than Corso. If you know you're gonna lose, I guess that's the best way to do it.
  11. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

That. Is. Awesome.
  12. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Not a Corso fan (being a San Diego State grad, shouldn't be too hard to figure out why) ... but glad he's recovered.
Draft saved Draft deleted