1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good samaritan sued by victim she saved

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rusty Shackleford, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Oh, and about that frivolous McDonald's case:

McFact No. 2: McDonald's knew its coffee sometimes caused serious injuries - more than 700 incidents of scalding coffee burns in the past decade have been settled by the Corporation - and yet they never so much as consulted a burn expert regarding the issue.

McFact No. 5: A McDonald's quality assurance manager testified in the case that the Corporation was aware of the risk of serving dangerously hot coffee and had no plans to either turn down the heat or to post warning about the possibility of severe burns, even though most customers wouldn't think it was possible.

http://msgboard.snopes.com/message/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/107/t/000479/p/1.html

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Yeahhhhhh?

Black coffee SHOULD be scalding hot.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Chiefs fans wonder where you have been.

If only Joe Delaney had you simpering at his side, he never would have jumped in that lake.

4. Point of Order

I think we're done here.

5. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

the coffee was 20 degrees hotter than any other corporation made their coffee. yes, coffee needs to be hot when served, that doesn't mean it has to be excessively hot.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Son of a ...

7. Simon_Cowbell

I NEVER had a problem drinking McDonald's coffee, temperature-wise.

8. Simon_Cowbell

"It didn't really sound like an explosion. It was more like a big thud," said Maria Trejos, 30, who was sitting on the right side of the plane with her husband, who had their 1-year-old son on his lap.
    She told The Associated Press on Monday she thought the plane was about to take off when it veered off the left side of the runway. She felt a bump and saw a fireball through the window, and it felt briefly like they were airborne, but she said that may have been when the plane was dropping into the ravine.
    Trejos then smelled fuel and thought, "I hope the plane doesn't explode."
    At first, the cabin was eerily quiet, with no one screaming, she said, but then it quickly got hot from the fire and people began to panic when they saw smoke and flames.

------------

Maybe a few posters can advise someone on this Denver flight to sue someone who helped them out of the plane because, clearly, it didn't explode.

What horseshit this lawsuit is.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Don't tell that to Spinal Tap's drummers

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Wow, you are a moron. You're going to use an airplane that was actually engulfed in flames as evidence that this lawsuit, involving a car accident (of which no mention has been made of any fire) and a paralyzed victim, is horseshit?

You don't even believe what you just typed do you?

EDIT: Not sure why I even legitimized that idiotic post with a response, but dammit, I couldn't help myself. That's just retarded.

11. Simon_Cowbell

But... but... but ... it didn't BLOW UP. So, (by your idiotic hindsight laziness) there was no imminent danger!!!

12. Point of Order

Reminds me of the Churchill quote: "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."

But then again, I think the average voter/person is not so illogically prejudiced against the rule of law.

Draft saved Draft deleted