1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

good office parties

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by txsportsscribe, Oct 14, 2008.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Worked at a place where the attrition got so bad, the News Director's assistant put out an email asking that everyone quitting that week to please let her know so she would know how many names to put on the cake.

2. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I'm sure we'll eventually put an end to the going-away parties, but right now they're just limited to the long-time employees.

There's a local bar we hit after work for the official going-away party. That's the party where former employees come back, and believe me, there's more former employees at the party than current employees.

3. KG

KG Active Member

I wouldn't say best, but we used to have some good ones at my old gig. We would play drinking games, then some game with spoons that left gouges on the conference table. Once a chair ended up broken in the scuffle for spoons. One of us usually said or did something that resulted in at least a month of teasing about it.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Ah! I see you've played knifey-spoony before!

5. KG

KG Active Member

It was some card game where the cards went around the table. You were trying to collect suits or matches or something like that, then when you had them, you put the cards down and reached for a spoon as fast as you could. There was always one less spoon than there was people.

6. CM Punk

CM Punk Guest

No office parties for the departed. People leave, and if individuals want to host something, so be it. The company doesn't care one way or another if we stay or go.

Draft saved Draft deleted