1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good news for good guy Tim Burke

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SF_Express, Apr 8, 2009.

1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Smart, hardworking and a very decent man.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I'll third that.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Burke has gotten fat and is too sassy for my taste. Wait, that's Delta Burke. Never mind.

Tim Burke is cool.

5. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

Great guy. Tremendous work ethic.Class individual. Good to see him get this job.

6. Hell of a closer in his day.

[​IMG]

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

That's who I thought they were talking about, too. I remember covering the 1989 All-Star Game at Anaheim (the Bo Jackson game) when he politely asked if he could bail on the postgame interviews. He and his wife had to catch a flight to South America because they were adopting a child. He arranged for it during the All-Star break because he didn't think he was an all-star. He was wrong.

8. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

good dude, good newsman, good luck.

9. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Props to Tim Burke, one of the good guys in the business.

But yeah, before I met him, I always thought of the former Expos reliever. Good to know I wasn't the only one.

10. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

My cousin had the 1987 Strato cards. tim Burke had the most ungodly card of any pitcher. You could get like one hit off his card, and he didn't allow a walk on his card. So if the dice didn't roll onto your card, you were screwed. My cousin played an entire 162-game season with that season's cards - he was girlfriendless at the time, still is come to think of it - and Burke was 81 for 81 in saves. When I'd play against him, and my cousin's team had Burke, I grew enraged because he constantly brought Burke in for two-inning saves. It nearly ruined a friendship.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have several friends who have worked for him who swear he's one of the best out there...

12. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

There's no doubt he's demanding, but that's why Palm Beach had one of the top sports sections in the country before everything blew up in South Florida. Tim knows a lot of what works and what doesn't on the Web, and his guidance should keep the post strong. Moving him to the top is a sign they aren't throwing in the towel down there yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted