1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good idea... or GREAT idea!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by McNuggetsMan, Mar 20, 2007.

1. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

I am planning my wedding with my fiancee and I have been assigned picking the musical selections for different points throughout the wedding. She says I can do whatever I want, as long as it is within reason.

So I think we should enter the reception hall during the bride and groom announcement to the CBS NCAA Tournament theme song. (It would be even better if we could get Bill Raferty to announce "They are coming out in MAN-AND-WIFE" but sadly I don't think that is going to happen).

So I need a board opinion. Is that a song "within reason?" Or is it so stupid that i shouldn't even bring it up with my future wife?

I think it's a great idea because it is short, fast, exciting and, in all likelihood, never been done before in that setting. Am I an idiot or do I have something here?

2. markvid

markvid Guest

I like it! It's your day....do what you two want.
    If she agrees, go for it.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

If she agrees hang on tight. The problem with women is they always stick that "within reason" tag on everything, but their view of what's within reason is always different from ours.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Not planning on being married too long, McNuggets? ;D

Personally, I'd, um, come up with some other options.

Unless you're marrying Sue Bird. Or Pat Summit.

5. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

If you're both sports fans, then why not?

I've been to several weddings, where various Steeler fight song incarnations were played. And many where Terrible Towels were waved in one of the wedding pics that was taken.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!

Although getting Raf to tape an intro would be very cool

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Make the preacher wear a ref's uniform.

8. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

If she's got a sense of humor and is a sports fan, why not? Screw it--it's your day. Went to a wedding here in Boston a few years ago and the bride and groom entered to "Dirty Water."

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I've always wanted to enter the reception hall or walk down the aisle after the man-and-wife announcement to You're All I Need To Get By by Mary J. Blige and Method Man.

Suffice to say, I'm planets away from getting there.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

When the (insert clergy person here) says "I now pronounce you man and wife," have him go Bill Raftery and blurt as only Raftery can "You may now kiss the bride — ONIONS!"

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I vote for the part where Meth says "I got a love jones for your body and your skin tone, five minutes alone I'm already on the bone."

12. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

I know a couple who almost used the Lauryn Hill remake of "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" as their first dance.

Draft saved Draft deleted