1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good God, are you TRYING to put Boom out of business?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dickens Cider, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Sorry, Boomer, but Big Daddy Drew's trying to hone in on your territory.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2008/11/it-wouldn%e2%80%99t-be-a-monday-without-a-good-peter-king-favrehumping.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2008/11/peter-king-and-his-beloved-boy-toys.html

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

That. Was. Awesome.

A very sad thing happened last week. Our friends at Fire Joe Morgan decided to shut down their site. But their legacy will not be forgotten. I don’t want to live in a world where people can’t repost breathtakingly inane commentary and mercilessly tear it to shreds. So it is up to each and every one of us to carry their torch, and to piss all over retard columnists as often as humanly possible.

Amen.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The comments had me laughing as hard as the annotations.

One guy called MMQB "Six pages of smegma."

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And they even have a JR impostor:

JR Says:

November 24th, 2008 at 11:19 am
    It’s almost like the invisible hand fisting my asshole has turned its attention to the marketplace

As much as I'd like to lay claim to that nasty bit of symbolism, I can't.

5. If you could channel the sublimated gayness of that post and those commenters, you could use it to light up Brazil.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I wanna know who is coloring Peter King's hair.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Always imitated, never duplicated. ;)

8. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Bumped for this week's evisceration.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2008/12/peter-king-likes-his-macbook-air-far-more-than-the-marriott-shampoo.html

My favorite segment:

The amazing thing, I’m told by Justin Tuck, is that Antonio Pierce never mentioned Plaxico Burress all day Sunday.

You mean Pierce never brought up a painfully awkward legal imbroglio to teammates and coaches on a day where everyone needed to focus on work and not worry about such a glaring, horrible distraction? I’m stunned. I thought Pierce would have run around the locker room with a gun tied to his cock, screaming to everyone HOLY FUCKING SHIT! CAN YOU BELIEVE I HID THE GUN IN JERSEY?! HOW FUCKING STUPID AM I?!

5. Indianapolis (8-4). They’ve won one game this year by more than six points. I admire their pluck.

This astute analysis brought to you by Mr. Gaines from “Cheers.” “Young man, you have grit.”

6. Baltimore (8-4). A hard, but relatively friendly, remaining schedule.

A smart, but relatively idiotic sentence. Yes, out of all the teams in the AFC, the Ravens have the easiest hard schedule remaining.

11. New England (7-5)… Matthew Slater’s lucky I like his dad so much, or he’d have been my Goat of the Week for that monumental fumble on the kickoff against the Steelers, with the Patriots down only 13-10.

Yeah, Matt Slater! You’re lucky that Peter King allows his objective analysis to be clouded by personal relationships. OR ELSE YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN FUCKED. A taste of Peter King’s scorn stays with you forever! Kiss the Lord’s feet that he forgives players based purely on matters of nepotism.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Legendary.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Here's one of the greatest comments.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

When is he on Football Night in America?

It must be the first segment b/c I tune in later to get highlights, and I haven't seen him on the show this year.

12. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2008/12/peter-king-knows-the-most-useless-employees-are-never-laid-off.html

I assume it has to be part pinky, part weather, but this is only going to add to the perception that Romo’s not a big-game quarterback… I don’t buy that perception about Romo, by the way… My other point is that Romo deserves the criticism, but let’s let his career breathe before we label him some sort of A-Rod in the clutch.

“I think people may say that Tony Romo is a choker. Now, I don’t believe he’s a choker, but I will say that the people who say he IS a choker are justified in saying he’s a choker. But I’m going to need at least four more years of seeing him assplant the pooch in big games until I’m comfortable enough to come to the exact same conclusion that every other reasonable person has already come to.”

Draft saved Draft deleted