1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good eats in L.A.?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by clarkington, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Don't waste your time with In N Out Burger. Average at best.

2. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Blaspheme!!!

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

crack kills.

4. Editude

Editude Active Member

A couple of high-profile (and tasty) choices:
    Grace on Beverly and Osteria Mozza/Pizzeria Mozza on Melrose.

Tito's Tacos is an icon down the street from Sony's lot.

5. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Just ate tonight one block from the Sony lot ... the whole area (Culver City) has been revitalized and there are lots of excellent restaurants ... here are three of the nicer ones, all within a 5-minute walk of the Sony lot ...

http://www.bistrohermitage.com/

http://www.fraicherestaurantla.com/

http://www.fordsfillingstation.net/

Ford's has a famous chef, or at least the relative of one. Don't recall just now.

6. clarkington

clarkington Member

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm running them by Mrs. Clarkington (and mother-in-law, sister-in-law, father-in-law and uncles) to make sure that's what everyone wants. Yeah, daughter is on Wheel of Fortune, everyone comes out of the woodwork!
    I'll let you all know what we chose - and how good it was -- next week!
    Thanks for all the help!

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

say what you will, but when i'm in la i have to do me some del taco at least once.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

http://www.bareelegance.com/foodMenu.htm

Sure, it's a strip joint. But I hear the Chicken Marsala is very good. ;D ;D :D

9. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

But you can't get a drink there.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

There is a English pub called the Cat and Fiddle on Sunset. Apparently it's the only bar in East Hollywood. (I couldn't find another.) Very cool place with a patio out front and Guinness. And food, too.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't know what Gluten free means, or Celiac disease, but I assume it means that you have to eat healthy, which eliminates alot of the fast food shit posted on this thread (Del Taco? WTF? Farmers wouldn't feed their pigs that slop).

I think Wheel of Fortune is at the Sony Lot in Culver City - Jack Sprats is maybe two miles away, you can do the mapquest thing. If you hit Rancho Park Golf Course on Pico, you've gone too far north. Jack Sprats is literally 25 yards south of the golf course, and on the same side of Pico. If you can't find parking on Pico, go in the alley behind Jack Sprats and the other businesses - you can find parking there, or on Patricia (you'll see it on Mapquest).

Someone else mentioned downtown, revitalized Culver City - I don't know the specifics, but there are a ton of new, non chain restaurants... ask around, I am betting most of them can meet your food needs. And if the crew from Nebraska is at all ambulatory, these restaurants are all within walking distance from the studio (roughly a half mile or so).

12. clarkington

clarkington Member

Hey Poindexter, thanks for the extra info. It sounds like we're going to Jack Sprats -- I guess Mrs. Clarkington's uncle loves that place. And the Gluten free options there help a lot, too.
    And Celiac Disease means she can't eat anything with wheat, oats, barley or rye. She has stomach issues if she does. It's a pretty crazy disease and just started after her first pregnancy. It's more of a pain than anything.

Draft saved Draft deleted