1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good Cast, Bad Movie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

u-turn, anyone? u-turn ... thoughts?

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

"Envy" - Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Christopher Walken, Amy Poheler. As far as recent comedies go, that is a great cast, but that movie sucked out loud.

I think the fact that a shoot em up movie is actually titled Shoot Em Up should lower expectations of cinematic quality. You have take it for what it surely is, a mindless action movie. I'm definitely going to see it.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

loved it

4. Simon_Cowbell

How could anyone not like Out Of Sight?

5. Simon_Cowbell

Not arguable... bad film.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and i knew you would.

i thought of u-turn, a sleeper, when i started reading this thread because of the cast. it didn't suck, though, and actually, i really liked it, too, despite its darkness.

i thought there'd be a few here who hated it, though.

sorry for the rambling sidebar.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Really, in earnest, the beginning of the Pacino screamfests.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I never liked Zoolander: Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Will Ferrell, Jerry Stiller and Christine Taylor. I'm a fan of every one of them, especially Taylor -- from The Wedding Singer and Hey Dude -- but, aside from a few lines, I thought Zoolander was terrible.

9. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Hated it. Oliver Stone in his misogynistic hack mode. Every woman in that movie was either a whore, a bitch or both.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

For some reason, I am reminded of "House of Cards," with Tommy Lee Jones and Kathleen Turner.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I can't believe nobody has said anything about Harlem Nights. Three generations of great comedians, Red Foxx, Richard Prior and Eddie Murphy and not one laugh, except maybe the machine gun volleys punctuated by the guy firing the cap gun twice.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Props to those who mentioned Mars Attacks! and Great White Hype. Both are God awful.

I'll throw North out there, if for no other reason than for someone to link to Roger Ebert's review of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted