1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good and bad art (music, movies, fiction, etc) inspired by 9/11

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Saw this on Comedy Central around 2 a.m. last night. They're called "Tiny Tyrants," and are squeaky dog toys in the likeness of Osama and Saddam.
    The commercial is cheesy as hell and resembles a bad SNL parody. But near as I can tell, this is an actual product.

https://www.buytinytyrant.com/

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

This.

http://www.billy-collins.com/2005/06/the_names_billy.html

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Remember Me was a great movie. Beautifully crafted, well-delivered idea.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

all things considered -- the subject matter, the scrutiny and pressure that comes with being considered a 'voice of your generation' -- i consider 'the rising' to be an inspired piece of work. not perfect, by any means, but pretty darn spot-on, for the most part.

'25th hour' and 'united 93' (finally dvr'd last night on currenttv) -- were marvelous. and i also liked sandler's 9/11 film; wasn't a bad effort at drama for him.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Tom Perrotta's "The Leftovers" seems like a thinly veiled 9/11 allegory, although I'm not completely sure because he explicitly mentions 9/11 early in the book, which I probably wouldn't have done if I really meant it to be a metaphor for it. In the book, the date is Oct. 14, and it's burned into everyone's consciousness the same way 9/11 is.

Draft saved Draft deleted