1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gonna see what all the fuss is about: Springsteen this Monday at Giants Stadium

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I will likely only know about a third of the songs (if that).

But hell, as long as I'm in the neighborhood, may as well see the legend in his hometown. $65 for nosebleed, why not?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's how I was the two times I saw Bruce. Still well-worth the ticket price.

Of course, now that I'm getting into more and more of his catalogue, I can't afford to see him. Fucking irony.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Seeing Bruce in concert -- especially from really good seats -- is an addiction that must be fed. Although I have tickets to the GS shows, I'm aiming to buy the prime seats when they get released in the coming days and then sell off what I've got now.
    These three will put me at 97 lifetime (19 times before 1999, the rest after)

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Re: Gonna see what all the fuss is about: Springsteen this Monday at Giants Stad

Go. I've been to 67 shows. I'd probably include each one in the 150 best times that I've had in life.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I was never a Springsteen fan until a couple of years ago when I was working security at Gillette Stadium and signed up to staff one of his shows at the last minute because I needed some extra cash. They put me in the Upper Deck where I basically had to do nothing at all. Loved the whole freaking show. It was amazing.

And this is without actually being able to watch it, mind you.

I immediately signed up for the concert the next day and loved it again. Later that summer, the company drove a busload of us out to Philadelphia to staff the floor section of one of his shows. That was insane.

Needless to say, I've been listening to him ever since.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Quit yer bitchin.. you got to see Don Henley at Shea! How cool is that!

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

good for you. please check back in on tuesday.

it's quite an experience for first-timers. i still get chills remembering my first, when he turned around this naysayer. that was well over 50 broooce! shows ago (it was actually one of the "muse" shows, an incredible hour of broooce!)

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Man.... that's sad.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Saw Bruce and the E Street Band's second night of a three or four-night stint when Staples Center in Los Angeles first opened. Friends had an extra ticket and I felt the same way you do about going, but it was well worth it. Hope the stadium show is as good as my arena show. Have a good time.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Why?

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Because you've only seen Bruce 67 times and not more than that ;D

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Re: Gonna see what all the fuss is about: Springsteen this Monday at Giants Stad

Never understood the idea of seeing an artist live that many times, playing .... more or less.... the same material.

Draft saved Draft deleted