1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gone in 60 Seconds (and 48 more minutes)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by maumann, Nov 21, 2018.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

A German teenager gets his driver's license and has it suspended by police for going twice the speed limit 49 minutes later.

Teenager in Germany loses driving license after less than an hour

Maybe the comments about 17-year-olds in Formula 1 on the open-wheel thread are onto something.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

From the story:

This is not true. Only on rural autobahns is there not a speed limit. The speed limit on most side roads is 100 km/h (62 mph). However, the Polizei aren't crawling everywhere like here, so people tend to go as fast as they want.

But doing 60 in a 30 in the U.S. will probably get you a reckless driving, which in some states is a Class A misdemeanor.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think in Virginia it's a felony that can get you jail time.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

From Wiki:

Batman likes this.
  5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yep. The police are all over the place here to maximize ticket revenue. I drove all along the coastline in Croatia and Montenegro last year and hardly ever saw a cop. The only place I’ve ever been to where there was a bigger concentration of cops was Havana, Cuba. And I wasn’t driving there.

Draft saved Draft deleted