1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gone Girl question (May contain spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I wonder if Amy was ever ass-fucked. Might have made her mad.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sorry, but no. I made a fair comment and you responded with your usual bullshit. You took it there and that absolutely qualifies as pissing on the thread.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The Game makes me physically angry. It has a visual style, but the premise is so terribly bad, I just want to punch something.

My list would be:
    PTA
    Coens
    Wes Anderson
    Malick
    Fincher

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

He works enough. That's why there aren't any weak spots.

I'll concede that the final half hour of The Master has no discernible shape. I can make an argument for the final half hour, a good one, but, ultimately, I think he shot a ton of film, and arrived at what he considered a manageable conclusion. It's probably a four-hour story shoehorned into something south of 3. It's high points are fascinating - rarely does a writer get the worst sides of both the id/superego into one film, and make that work -- but the end feels like a loop, and unsatisfying.

Draft saved Draft deleted