1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

gone baby gone

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Aug 3, 2008.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

finally saw it last night on starz! great directorial effort by ben affleck. terrific lead acting job his little brother casey. michelle monaghan, mmm-mmmm.

very "mystic river" feel to it. which means i'll watch it over and over in the starz! loop.

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Very good movie. I watched with my ex-girlfriend three days before we broke up.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

So the title soon became literal?

4. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

A fine film indeed, capturing Boston and the spirit of Lehane's novel very well. Before I saw it, I wasn't sold on Casey Affleck, feeling his casting was nothing but nepotism. I was wrong. He's got the chops.

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Real soon. It all started with an disagreement as to who did the right thing in the movie and ended three days later on July 4 when I told her to "fuck off and lose my number."

Good movie, though.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Oh yes he does.

He was masterful in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That is one solid breakup.

8. The wife and I disagreed about the ending. We were on opposite sides of who did the right thing.
    And second C.A. was great in this and Assassination. Saw those back-to-back. Quite a contrast.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He was the best part of the movie. I think Pitt is great in pretty much everything, but he didn't do it for me in this one. Affleck took it to another level. I started to watch Gone Baby Gone but left 15 minutes into it. I'll probably rent it to finish it.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Casey was great in Chasing Amy, too.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

just watching again. greatness of the storytelling is we're SUPPOSED to be conflicted about what was the best choice for the girl.

at the end, when the mom leaves her with casey to go out, it's hard not to think he's wondering if he did the right thing, too.

12. I'll trace an outline around your dead fucking body!

Draft saved Draft deleted