1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Golf Channel: nice choice of words

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by playthrough, Jan 8, 2008.

1. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

I think Tilghman is very attractive, even if her voice is too low for my taste. I couldn't turn off the golf channel when she was on at New Year's. Wow.
    Also, didn't someone stab Sharpton a few years ago?

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Golf buddy of mine made a good point...what were the odds that Tilghman would get suspended before Faldo for saying something dumb?

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

What do you mean?

4. I'm delighted that Al Sharpton has taken up this cause in light of Tiger's approach.

The point made earlier re: Sharpton-Obama was right on the money. Hilarious.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Well, it was more of a funny point...Faldo has a reputation as an off-the-cuff talker, not unlike Johnny Miller. Not saying that predisposed him to say something worthy of suspension, but by comparison few would think Tilghman would have such a big f*ck-up first.

6. Thinking Man

Thinking Man Member

Nicely said, Slappy.

Was it a poor choice of words? Sure. But all of this has risen to the level of absurdity. I think what Rev. Al fails to grasp is that when you jump all over something like this, it's almost trivalizing the cause. What will happen is that when something real arises, something that should be spoken out against, people won't want to listen. Stop crying Wolf over this kind of Bullshit, Sir, and everyone have a lot more respect for you!

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Al Sharpton was funny as hell on Boston Legal.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Where's Whitlock to chime in on this?

Surely he's calling for her head on a plate.

9. Well so is William Shatner, but does that make him less of a ham? :)

10. Oh sure, let's not let facts get in the way. It's like the whole niggardly argument again. It doesn't matter what it sounds like - it matters what it is.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

This will not end well.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Oh... I misread it.

Love Faldo.

Draft saved Draft deleted