1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Golf and PEDs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Nov 7, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Vijay Singh's lawyer says other players have tested positive but haven't been punished. Singh is suing the PGA Tour for reputation damage after he was cleared of an unannounced suspension. Ginsberg would not identify the number of drug-test exceptions alleged or his information sources. “Those are fair questions, and by the end of the litigation you’ll have all the answers,” he said.

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/vijay-singh-is-about-to-bring-the-pga-drug-policy-to-its-knees-110613

Tactic aimed at settlement? Or downfall of another sport?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I hate to say it because I care about it, but most people are numb to this. They just don't care anymore.

3. LongTimeListener

Oh, I think there's one name in particular that would make people care.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Nor should they.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Zzzzzzzz

Even for that one name. Zzzzzzz

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

You guessed it:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yeah but he's clean, Hondo said so.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This guy?

[​IMG]

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Back in the mid 90s I'm at a gate waiting to catch my flight out of Atlanta. Day after a sports event. At the same gate Stadler is sitting a few seats away working a bag of Wendy's and a couple of bottles of Heineken.

Up walk two guys, one of whom starts talking to Stadler about his swing. The guy's swing, not Stadler's. How screwed up he was, how he fixed it and so on. In great detail. Just obnoxious.

I wanted to punch the guy and ask Stadler for a beer in return, but didn't.

One of the regrets in my life.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yes, they should, for reasons articulated here over and over. You are forcing your colleagues to risk their long-term and short-term health, along with legal repurcussions, in order to compete on a level playing field with you. That's not fair.

11. maberger

maberger Member

i've not heard the argument articulated quite that way before, and it does make for a strong case about the workplace and for the affected athletes to fight against this.

but why should the PUBLIC care? it's a work place issue. the public doesn't care about actors taking PEDs and having inordinate amounts of cosmetic surgery, all in a bid to look younger and buffer and to keep getting roles.

12. LongTimeListener

In golf particularly, fans have a concept of honor. Could be bullshit, but when you have a raging argument about whether Tiger is a cheater depending on whether his ball moved or "oscillated," the willful violation of drug policies and a cover-up by the tour would have a huge effect.

Draft saved Draft deleted