1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Goldfinger ... WTF?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I caught the end of Goldfinger tonight and my eye caught an oversight in the final fight with Goldfinger I've never noticed before.

When Goldfinger emerges from the cockpit to confront Bond, you can briefly see one of his red Chinese guards standing behind him. When Goldfinger is talking shit with Bond before they fight, you see the guy again.

But there is no reference to him again for the remainder of the scene, except after Goldfinger is sucked out of the plane. Bond steps over the dead guard to get to Pussy Galore in the cockpit (jeez, lots of entendre there). Other than that, it's as if the director/editor totally forgot about him and did an extraordinarily shitty job of working around the continuity problem.

I found no reference to this goof online (admittedly, I didn't try that hard). I thought I knew my Bond, but had never seen or read of this before. Presumably, the guard was cut out of the scene, anyone know?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not as bad as the countdown clock reading 007 on the bomb and the audio line as something like "another three seconds and we're finished"

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Seriously, bubs, if you watch any Bond film closely you'll see continuity problems all over the place.

4. Pussy Galore was so smokin, but did any Bond girl look better than Jill St. John in her little bikini panties swishing away from the camera in Diamonds are Forever??

5. In addition to be hot, St. John is also brainy, a 162 IQ.
    I'm partial to Jane Seymour in Live and Let Die.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

St. John was hot, but I was always partial to Carole Bouquet in For Your Eyes Only and Kristina Wayborn in Octopussy.
    He shoulda let Tanya Roberts fall off the Golden Gate Bridge, however... "JAAAMES! JAAAAMES!"

7. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I'm shocked at the direction this thread has taken.

8. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Daniela Bianchi in "From Russia With Love." Vastly underrated, just because the movie is maybe the least known of the Bonds. And Claudine Auger in "Thunderball." And yes, I had to look their names up ...

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember the knockoff of this movie, Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine?

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You should never have to look up Daniela Bianchi -- easily a top five pick...

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Great band.

12. Overlooked and absolutely hot, top 3? Yes, top 3

Draft saved Draft deleted