1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Golden State suspends Monta Ellis for 30 games

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

It's just a huge PR gaffe by one of the most exciting players in the league.
    Monta is reminiscent of LSU-alum Chris Jackson (who changed his name to something Moslem)
    Monta is the shit. He didn't need this, but will emerge unscathed and continue playing as if he's Pete Maravich.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

What about it?

[​IMG]

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Awesome. When I was in elementary school, I memorized th page number those guys were on in the Guiness Book of World records...those guys, along with the guy who had all the cigarettes in his mouth.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The cigarette guy also was on "That's Incredible!"

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Damn shame since he had the most devastating pull up jumper and one man fast break on the wing last year.

However, I'm glad that management did something. Its ridiculous to laud these athletes with $66M then suffer while they break an ankle doing something they agreed was forbidden, then lying about it.

6. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

Mopeds still exist?

7. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

He's actually nothing like Pete Maravich. Chris Jackson is a better comparison, or maybe Allen Iverson without the same ball-hogging tendencies. There's no guarantee that he'll emerge unscathed, either. Ellis really tore up his ankle and the fact that the Warriors say they haven't ruled out voiding his contract entirely tells you that they're not sure he'll ever be the same. If Ellis comes back and limps around like Grant Hill, this could get ugly.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I was going to add, at the end of my posts, ...like Maravich except with a bit of defense thrown in.
    But people likely think my posts are often too long, and I didn't say it.
    Anyways, if you've never seen Monta's no-look passing, it's on par with Pete's
    He can score from anywhere on the court, too, like Pete could.
    His lying about the whole suggests a kid sort of running scared. This incident spotlights his youth, really well.
    Poor decision-making on his part.

Draft saved Draft deleted