1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going wireless @home

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Nov 1, 2006.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I guess we're late adopters, but when my wife wanted a new computer this fall I suggested she get a laptop ... and then get the house – which is on Comcast broadband – set up for wireless.

We had a local vendor handle the install for us, just for convenience. My wife is tickled with the results, especially the fact she can print to our desktop printer from her new laptop. I'm tickled mainly because she's tickled - and now, there's no waiting to use the computer.

I realize we're several years behind the curve, probably, compared to all you crazy kids with your Googles and everything.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I just went wireless at home like a month ago. I like it OK, lets me use my Mac on my couch instead of being tethered to the wall with my desktop halfway back in my apartment. But I can't get my Tivo to use the wireless. :(

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

This guy wants to know where you put the tubes to be filled if you have wireless

[​IMG]

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I went wireless about 2 1/2 months ago. It mostly means that I can sit on my ass in front of the TV while IMing my buddies. Not sure it's the best thing in the world, for that reason.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Bet you like Al Gore now, huh? :D

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Noooooooo. Say it isn't so.

You have buddies? ;) :D

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Is it still $80 a month? That's the only reason I don't have it. My dream is to IM someone while pooping.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Wireless should cost no more than standard DSL or Cable internet. The only extra expense would be a wireless modem and router. Probably about $50 at Radio Shack.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

You get used to it pretty quickly.

10. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

So for the technical 'tards like me, we can do it ourselves with no input from the DSL company?

Just don't eat it!

11. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Indeed. I certainly don't want the dysentery.

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Better hurry. Sportschick is eagerly awaiting a report on your bowel movement.

Draft saved Draft deleted