1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going to Minneapolis in July

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jun 26, 2011.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

It must be a hurricane level storm in minny right now.
    been delayed on the tarmac at o'hare for going on three hours.
    back to the terminal, for now, to wait out the storm.
    i'd be remiss not to note my thanks to those who offered tips and travel advice.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Hurricane?

Great song:

3. Machine Head

Sadly, it seems the weather is not cooperating, and our intrepid thread starter will not be able to experience Lake Minnetonka In Full Effect.

Sorry, no Big Island today.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So, he can head to Blue Pointe in Wayzata and watch the whitecaps...

5. Machine Head

I wonder if our thread starter went to Maynard's last night?

Fun to have Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries out at Maynard's tonight!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Maynards-Restaurant-of-Excelsior/129682450387680?ref=ts

There have been many Humpdashian sightings in the west metro of late. Especially in Edina.

(Humpdashian is what a local columnist (C.J.?) refers to them as. As least I think so. Need more Diet Coke)

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

No trips to Maynards.

Going to see the Wild camp this morning and then Mall of America, maybe, this afternoon.

No Kardashian sightings either.

Some quick random observations:
    * How fucking old is Sid Hartman anyway?
    * The Twins Cities are nice. Clean, easy to get around. Lots to do. Wish we had a little more time, or if the plane had just been on time.
    * Weathercasters were predicting local gloom amd doom because of the heat wave. Predicted high on Saturday? 89. You know what you call 89 in the south? The high at 10 a.m.
    * On the flip side, people here would say the same if they saw the South react in the winter.
    * One local ex-pat said she almost flipped when she was reading her kid's school's inclement weather policy. "Outdoor recess is only cancelled if the weather is Zero or below." This past winter, school was cancelled in my neck of the woods simply because it might snow. That's the way it goes every winter.

7. Machine Head

Wait.

You went watch to a Wild prospect camp scrimmage?

A prospect camp scrimmage?

Please tell me you at least went somewhere like Mickey's, Cosetta's or W.A. Frost before or after.

And Sid? He's got chunks of guys like you in his stool.

[​IMG]

Hey slap, I've been informed they opened a Blue Point on the 494 Strip.

http://www.bluepointrestaurantandbar.com/

8. Runyon's is a good casual place for food and drinks. Hope it wasn't too late for the recommendation. I always hit Runyon's when in Minny

9. Machine Head

Wings.

Did you have the wings?

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

CJ's a vicious gossip-mongering harpy.
    My parents were at Maynard's last night for an early dinner. And they have no idea who Humpdashian is; of course, that would require them to read CJ and that would require them to buy that "left-wing rag."

And Jay? Sid is 235 years old, an original founder of Minneapolis, hence all his land holdings downtown. Welcome to the Cities; stay longer next time.

11. Machine Head

The Red Star!

12. You have to have wings when you go to Runyon's

Draft saved Draft deleted