1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going to London in September...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sconnie, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

All,

Mrs. Sconnie and I are going to London in September, and we want to go to a Premier League game. Anyone know of an easy, cheap way to get tickets? Fullham and Tottenham have home games the week we are there, but both want 35 pounds or more per ticket...I'm hoping to spend less than 200 bucks just for tickets

Any ideas/suggestions?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

thread title reminds me of that gone till november song:

i'm going to london in september,
    i'm going to london in september,
    london in september,
    i'm going to london in september.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I went to a Fulham game with a group when I was there and I think we got tickets for 20 pounds since there were more than 20 people in the group. That was a year and a half ago. 35 pounds sounds about right, not sure you'll find them for much cheaper than that.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Go to Fulham. Take lots of pictures for me.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Premiership fixtures for 2008-09: (Note: Home sides are always listed first.)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/fixtures/default.stm

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I miss London.. havent been in eight years....

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

There are 13 clubs in the FA that play in Greater London. Five will be in the Premiership this fall: Arsenal, Chelsea, Fulham, Spurs, and West Ham.

Looks like the weekend of the 13th is when you will be there, going by what you said. The two matches you mention may be your best bet. Seventy quid for two tickets = $140. Not horrible.

If you want to see a Championship match, Charlton, Crystal Palace and QPR (Queens Park Rangers) will also all be home that weekend. A very high level of football, and all clubs that have been in the Premiership at one time (and may be back soon — well, in QPR's case, not so much :) ).

Luckily for you and your missus, Millwall are away.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Go to Tottenham. I met an Arsenal fan in NYC, and I want you to root for his biggest enemy. :D

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Fulham also have, at least according to one guide I've read, a neutral supporters' area, though I'd imagine the experience is somehow diminished there.

10. I used to live in Fulham and i'd walk down to craven cottage whenver i could get tix (which was fairly often unless they were playing one of the big 4). You should suck it up--a premiership match is a unique expereince for americans and i promise you will not be disapointed with the atmosphere.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Fulham will be the easier of the two to get tickets at, and it has the added bonuses of Craven Cottage being right on the Thames and a few Americans on the roster.

It is a much more compact ground than White Hart Lane, and even if it's not full, should be a great atmosphere.

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

You must have a pint at the Hawley Arms in Camden Town. That is all.

Draft saved Draft deleted