1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going to Baltimore

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, May 13, 2014.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

And I don't want to crap on Camden Yards itself, though I still think prices are pretty outrageous. It will be hard to find a better total experience in MLB.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

The Babe Ruth Birthplace Museum is a couple of blocks away from Camden Yards. Well worth seeing.

I'd echo the sentiments about the ballpark and the game experience. Only thing I missed that I wanted to try was Dempsey's restaurant at the ballpark, but I was perfectly happy with crabcakes and fries at the game. In my experience it wasn't any more pricey than other MLB parks. There are a handful of places right across the street.

3. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

Go to Alewife. It's at 21 N. Eutaw Street, exactly four blocks from the ballpark. Really great draught beer selection. Best in town outside of Max's, as mentioned earlier on the thread.

Also recommend checking out Cross Street Market. Also walking distance from the park. Great selection of food, from raw bars to wings to freshly made everything. Neat shops, too. The whole Federal Hill area has some cool spots. Brewer's Cask over there is supposed to have great beer selection, but I can't verify.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Worst attempt at a Led Zeppelin song title ever

5. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

We decided to stay a little further away from the stadium(about four miles away) I was wondering if anyone knew about shuttle services that some places may offer?

Thanking you in advance.

6. jr/shotglass

I've had success with the Metro light rail, which has a stop right by Camden Yards.

http://mta.maryland.gov/metro-subway

Can't speak for hotel shuttles, if that's what you mean.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Pratt Street Ale House is a little generic, for me. Pregame go to Pickles. Great atmosphere. Cheap beer. And good food, no lie. Get inside the park and hit the Natty Boh bar by the end of the 1st inning so you an get $5 drafts.

In Little Italy Amicci's will leave you fat and happy. Great food. Not a long walk. Well worth it. Little Italy in general is always recommended. Lots of great stuff there.

Any place serving pit beef is also good.

Miss Shirley's for breakfast is something some friends of mine always recommend.

8. Rainman

Any good discount liquor stores?

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

This. Even in the Inner Harbor I got approached by panhandlers.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I don't make eye contact and just keep walking at a steady pace.

11. jr/shotglass

Check this out!

https://www.google.com/maps/search/liquor+stores/@39.2835438,-76.6252925,15z

12. Rainman

Heard great things about Riptide. Anyone ever tried them out?

Draft saved Draft deleted