1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going through the roof

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by fishwrapper, Dec 21, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

1999 is a very bad comparison, because that was at the peak of the dot-com boom. I think I was the only non-billionaire that year.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I correct myself. The above came from the world's richest list.

In 1999, 3.5 billion was still 91st on the U.S. list. Many were tied there, including the roof magnate.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ka-ching!

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The list doesn't change much. I looked at several different years. In 99, Gates was at 90 billion. This year, he was at 46 ish.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Nice.

6. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Tremendous man who contributed much to the people in his area.

Also, he was the father-in-law of Saints RB Aaron Stecker.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Guy must have been an IndyCar fan, with ABC Supply Co. sponsoring A.J. Foyt's team.

RIP. But sheesh...at that age and that bankroll, I think I'd be out of the roof-checking routine.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

fixed.

9. ba-da-boom!

10. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Not so ironic after all...

ABC Supply founder dies after falling through floor

Ken Hendricks, a high-school dropout who became a self-made billionaire and a driving force in the redevelopment of Beloit, died early Friday after falling through a hole in the floor of an addition being built at his Rock County home.

The accident happened about 10 p.m. Thursday. Hendricks and his wife, Diane, had just returned home, and Ken Hendricks walked out to inspect the progress of the construction work, Rock County Sheriff's Department Commander Troy Knudson said.

"There were blue tarps that were covering open areas that were nailed in place by 2-by-4s and it appears he fell through one of those tarps," Knudson said.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=699466

11. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Fucking floor contractors.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

See? If he'd lived in Texas, he'd fallen through the floor and dropped EIGHTEEN INCHES.

No basements here. That's why half of all Badgerpackers live here now.

Draft saved Draft deleted