1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going off on a Dairy Queen employee......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, May 5, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

No one who ponders self-surgery has the right to opine about WTF is wrong with him.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

old tony, I never thought about doing that (for every complaint, offer a good one in return). That is a major difference in who works there and does well and the ones who are merely there to pick up a check.

I stopped at the pharamacy to pick-up my RX before heading home to change clothes and head to a fashion show a few friends of mine were a part of. The interns were running the show all by their damn selves. I walked up to one of the interns and told him my name and I was here to pick-up a prescription. He spends ten minutes looking around and couldn't find it. Come to find out the girl I spoke with several days earlier told me that it would be ready by Friday night and I could get my med on Saturday.

The intern then spends 20 minutes tending to everyone else, while I sat and waited. I was going to say "fuck it" and phone my doctor's office to send a new RX to Wal-Mart, when the intern finally calls me and gives me my med. I had to go to the show with the clothes I had on. I was so under-dressed, I should have not bothered to show up.

Next I fill a RX with the pharamacy I go to, I will only go during the week, when the real pharmacists are there. Those interns looked lost on Saturday.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Probably a harpoon.

There will be an update on this very subject this evening.

Probably time for another self-induced surgery.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like they were pretty busy and/or she was having a bad day. Cut the kid some slack.

She said "Here" instead of "Here you go." She said the quite common "Yup" instead of "You're welcome." Whoop de damn do. Hardly seems worth a thread on a message board.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Actually, the erosion of common courtesy is a pretty big deal.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Never piss off someone who is handling your food...

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Her version:

It was so busy. Cars were lined up forever, it seemed. We had so many orders right in a row that it was hard to keep track. I didn't want to get anyone's order wrong, so I asked this guy who drove up what he had ordered.

"A small ice cream cone and a Dilly Bar!" he growled, almost biting my head off. Gee, I was just asking to make sure.

I closed the window, made the cone, found a Dilly Bar, and handed it to him. He looked like he had never seen a Dilly Bar before.

He mumbled, "Thanks."

In exhaustion, I said "Yup" and closed the window. He looked like I had insulted his mother and drove off in a huff.

What is wrong with some people?

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Who still gets the Dilly Bar?

[​IMG]

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Is that a Dilly Bar? I've never heard of it.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

[​IMG]

Dilly Bars are the shit.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Ding, ding, ding. Every now and then people should try looking at the other person's point of view.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

I called and left a message for the owner.

Draft saved Draft deleted