1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going BANG on the interstate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Keystone

Keystone Member

Glad to hear you're on your feet. I know that whole stretch of 83 wasn't designed for 21st century traffic.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I think I'll be taking the back route through New Cumberland on the way to work for awhile.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've driven that road -- all of it, it seems -- probably about 50 times, and I've never seen construction on it. That sucks, dude. I hope everything feels a little better soon.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

It's not construction actually, mike. What happens is that you get a backup at rush hour with traffic coming up on the city's South Bridge.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Got it. When I think of an interstate in Pennsylvania, I automatically think construction. That's what happens after seven years of waiting on those roads.

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I looked over the board and suddenly saw this. I was like wow, this is some type of thread. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought I saw that.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Damn, I guess this thread actually isn't about a gang bang on the interstate.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No. And it's not a good idea. Too many rubberneckers.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

ADDENDUM: Coming out of work about an hour ago, I discover the left rear tire in my OTHER car is absolutely flat. It has a huge spike in it. Wasn't even any point in getting it pumped up. Got a ride home, and I'll call AAA tomorrow when I get to work.

Bikes are looking better and better.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i hear new cumberland is a bitch this time of the year.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I laughed out loud at that. Glad to see you didn't lose your sense of humor. And, glad you're OK.

RE: Bikes. They get flat tires too.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Still beats the heck out of Old Cumberland.

Draft saved Draft deleted