1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going BANG on the interstate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Aug 14, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Fun night tonight, gang.

I'm on the way to work in a light drizzle. I come up on stopped traffic on the interstate. In the passing lane, a woman was behind a tractor-trailer and decided she wanted out of there. So she moved into the right lane and plowed directly into my Accord, at full speed, as far as I could tell. Pushed me into a pickup in front of me.

My Accord, suffice it to say, is now an Accordion.

I seem to be OK, although I got a pretty nasty bruise and brushburn on the inside of my left arm from the seat belt. I think I'll be feeling worse tomorrow morning than I do now, but I am going to the doctor to get checked out then.

Well, I'll be driving a new car soon, anyway.

2. That's awful. It amazes me how careless and terrible people drive, especially when it's raining.

Hope you're OK. Sue the hell out of her insurance company.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

No-fault state.

4. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Glad you seem to be alright, shottie.

5. Brutal. Are you in a position where you might be upside down on your car if the insurance company totals it?

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Damn Shottie. Hope you're not too sore tomorrow.

I got hit from behind like that at, of all places, Churchill Downs, about 10 years ago on my way into the track. A cop turned his lights on, I stopped, the tow truck behind me didn't. Was pretty woozy for a day or two.

On the bright side, I hit the exacta when I went in, so I suppose it was an odd-ass kind of omen.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Not sure. But I'm pretty sure they will total it. There basically is no back end anymore.

8. I hear ya'. The only problem might be is if they do total it and they write you a check for less than you owe on the car. That happened to my brother once, and he had to finance an extra $3-4,000 on top of his new car. Huge pain.

I just bought a new car and got GAP insurance just for that reason. I'm unlucky when it comes to stuff like that.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Upper deck the bitch.
    Did she get a ticket for an unsafe or illegal lane change?

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Take some Advil, Shottie. Glad you're ok. Sucks about the car.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Shottie, as long as you and the codas are OK I'm not worried about the car.

12. SportySpice

SportySpice Member

Glad to hear you're OK.
    Same type of thing happened to me about a year and a half ago, only it was on a city street, I was stopped and the guy rammed into my car from behind at about 40 mph. Worst part is we both got out and agreed to pull out of traffic. Other guy's car had maybe 2 inches of space between the top of the windshield and the top of where his hood had crushed back toward the driver's side....aaaaannnd he drove off. No-fault state. Probably didn't have insurance.
    Christ, people can be damn selfish and stupid...sadly, I feel your pain. Sucks ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted