1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Godfather I and II on A&E right now

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jan 26, 2008.

1. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Both of these scenes were pretty remarkable for one thing — Pacino didn't have to say a god-damned word. His eyes — not his face, just his eyes — made the scenes.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I thought Fredo was his older brother? Michael was the youngest? Fredo the middle? Am I wrong here?

3. part-timer

part-timer Member

Fredo is the middle child. Michael said "You're my brother...", never said younger.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It was in retaliation after the Congressman insulted Mike at the start of GFII. They killed her so he would fast-track what they needed.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You're right, sir.

I pulled a Fredo. I feel shame.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Uh-oh! Watch your back!

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Who is this guy with chicken wire?

Oh shit.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If you are male and own a DVD player and don't own GF & GFII on DVD, please report to the front desk with your man card. You'll be issued a copy of Steel Magnolias and Terms of Endearment, along with a 2 for 1 coupon for Tampax.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Clever. How long did it take you to come up with that, you sexist, racist troglodyte?

10. casty33

casty33 Active Member

It goes without saying that Godfather I and II are among the best movies ever made, which is what makes III such a bad example and practically unwatchable for me.

My favorite scenes and lines are constantly changing. Because everybody seems to prefer "Leave the gun, take the cannoli," as a favorite, I now just love it near the end of I when Tessio pleads his case to Tom Hagen "for old times sake," and Hagen, with that wry smile on his face, says, "Can't do it, Sally." I love it.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

My pops' favorite lines are "Paulie? You won't see him no more,'' and "I want to hit New York sometime this month."

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I loved the opening of I with the wedding, the people coming thrugh Vito's office. To me it's the ultimate scene setter for any movie.

Love the scenes with Hagen and Woltz too.

"Now listen to me, you smooth-talking son-of-a-bitch! Let me lay it on the line for you and your boss, whoever he is. Johnny Fontane will never get that movie! I don't care how many dago guinea wop greaseball gumbahs come out of the woodwork!"

"She was beautiful; she was young, she was innocent. She was the greatest piece of ass I ever had, and I had'em all over the world! And then Johnny Fontane comes along with his olive- oil voice, and guinea charm. And she runs off. She threw it all away just to make me look ridiculous! And a man in my position can't afford to be made to look ridiculous! Now you get the hell outta here! And if that gumbah tries any rough stuff, you tell him I ain't no band leader! Yeah, I heard that story...."

Draft saved Draft deleted