1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Godfather I and II on A&E right now

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jan 26, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Michael just popped Solazzo and McClusky.

God, I love these two movies.

2. I'm talking about a cop that's mixed up in drugs. I'm talking about a - a - a dishonest cop - a crooked cop who got mixed up in the rackets and got what was coming to him. That's a terrific story.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Fredo, you're my younger brother and I love you. But don't ever take sides against the family.

Moe Green: You buy me out? No, I buy you out!

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And we have newspaper people on the payroll, don't we, Tom?
    [Tom nods]
    Michael Corleone: And they might like a story like that.
    Tom Hagen: They might, they just might.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Sonny Corleone: "I want someone good--I mean very good--to put that gun there. I don't want my brother coming out with just his dick in his hand."

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If the mob had a role in newspapers today, would we be in such bad shape? I say no. Let's get mobbed up.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

There wasn't enough time.
    We'll get there, Pop. We'll get there.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Who says they don't?

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

"I wanted you to be the one pulling the strings. Senator Corleone. Congressman Corleone," Don Vito Corleone.

"Another pezzonovante," Michael Corleone.

10. Give this to, uh, Clemenza. I want reliable people, people who aren't going to be carried away. After all we're not murderers in spite of what this undertaker thinks.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You have to answer for Santino, Carlo.

Only don't tell me you're innocent. It insults my intelligence.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It's Governor, not Congressman.

I had read that they only had Brando for one more day of shooting and they realized that they didn't really have a scene with him and Pacino. I think that they filmed a scene where Michael tells his father that he will seek revenge because he didn't make the promise at the Five Families meeting, but it was considered weak and they decided to not to roadmap the movie that much for the viewer.

Anyway, the scene was written in one night and shot the next day.

A brilliant scene and probably the second best scene in the Trilogy, behind the scene with Tom and Vito after Sonny was killed.

Draft saved Draft deleted