1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Should Not Be Your Co-Pilot

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 11, 2006.

1. WTF?
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/10/AR2006121000883.html
    General officers, in uniform, in the freaking Pentagon, filming infomercials for fringe religion?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dont ask me... I have a major issue whenever the Fellowship of Christian Athletes makes a big display at the state tournaments in my state or at the Mr. Football/Basketball awards...

3. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Not to mention that NYTimes piece Sunday about religious programs in prisons -- Make "acceptable progress" loving the born-again version of Jesus and you get private toilets and other perks that non-believers don't.

4. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

And let's not forget that there was a big uproar at the Air Force Academy recently that Born Again cadets were intimidating other cadets who had either other faiths or no faiths at all. Not sure but I think the Pentagon stepped in and stopped it (or at least that is what I remember....And then again, just because the Pentagon stepped in does not mean it still is not continuing to happen).

Draft saved Draft deleted