1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God....I love 8-man football

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

19 rushes for 191 yards with 4 TD's. That's sound about right.

Iowa's had eight-man for about a decade now. Most of the state will finally get to see a live 8-on-8 game tonight on Mediacom when Tri-County Thornburg visits DSM Grandview Park Baptist.

It's fun as hell to watch.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Montana has 6-man football as well, mostly in the Eastern part of the state, even then, a lot of schools have to form a co-op to have enough kids for a team. Not to mention that some teams have girls who play.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And as I recall, there's one Wyoming high school that plays in Montana's 6-man division.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Entirely possible. A lot of Montana border schools play teams in other states because they're closer than instate schools. I don't know enough about 6-man to know if there's a Wyoming school or not. I've never worked anywhere that had any in the circulation area.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Meeteetse, I think. Only Wyoming school playing 6-man, and it's up in the northwest corner near Cody.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

Kansas used to have 6-man......but no more.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

As of two or three years ago, I believe. Some school close in the northwest corner of the state -- the name escapes me right now -- that played six-man football consolidated with Atwood and that was that.

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Nebraska dropped 6-man as an NSAA-sanctioned sport a few years back. A handful of schools still play it on an unofficial basis, but most of them either do a co-op with another small school or got consolidated into a larger school district.

Lots of hyphens and slashes flying around Nebraska on Friday nights.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Six-man is very alive and very well in Texas.

A lot of small basketball-only schools in my area have talked about taking it up. If enough of them start, they could form their own district and not have to drive 100 miles to Trinidad or Milford.

Lots of privates in the Metroplex play 6-man as well.

Oklahoma plays 8-man. The smallest 72 schools have the option of playing 8-man and are divided into Class B and Class C.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Try covering 6-man. A team I used to cover lost 101-76 in the title game.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

We had a kid throw for 350 and five touchdowns and rush for 184 and two touchdowns, as well as kick 5 PAT's (which are worth two points in six-man) to lead his team to a 68-54 win.

He accounted for 52 of the points.

Draft saved Draft deleted