1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God help the children: I'm coaching T-ball this year...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OnTheRiver, Mar 9, 2008.

1. I don't know, I always favored the orange slices.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No way. Our favorite parents always had cans of soda and something sweet to eat, usually cookies. Parents should stress eating at least somewhat healthy at home, sure, but after a game/match? No way. :)

I was told by a good friend of mine and her mother while I was in school that I should coach a team. Same friend knows I have no patience, so I wondered where I was going to acquire that first.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Skoal comes in citrus flavor now

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

At the same time, forever_town is umpiring youth baseball this year.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/53864/

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

To beat 2muchcoffeeman to the punch:

;D

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I wasn't going to repost the picture — that's even more blatant self-promotion than whitlock and more blatant post-padding than dooley. :D

7. forever_town

But it's much more entertaining than Whitlock!

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Won't matter. Birds. Airplanes. Butterflies. They'll be distracted. My favorite was when not one but two kids on a team I coached sat down and took their shoes off during play. Clearly, I was a master motivator. Also, strange coincidence that Kicking and Screaming is playing on my TV as I read this thread ...

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

A roundtable with JDV, Rokski, chazp and boots is more entertaining than Whitlock.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My mom loves to tell the story of the day she realized my brother and I were going to be vastly different. She said when I played baseball as a little kid, I showed promise -- I didn't fuck around, hit the ball relatively well and fielded OK ... but mainly, I paid attention. My brother sat in the outfield and picked grass, weeds, flowers, rocks and played with the bugs.

11. forever_town

That kind of goes without saying.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

and it sound like you are still not "fucking around "

Come on your mum really didn't say "fuck " did she?

Draft saved Draft deleted