1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God help me, I'm watching Oprah

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 19, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... but at least with good reason. She's got a reunion with the cast of The Mary Tyler Moore Show. The show was a little before my time, but I've caught enough of it in syndication to be a fan. Show's on right now, locally in Cincy. Check your local listings.

(As I was writing that, they just did a montage of the best of the late, great Ted Knight. Damned funny stuff.)

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Are you going to cry?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Drop your testicles in the mail.

4. Overrated

Overrated Guest

No God.

(That's from that preview of that vampire movie they showed over and over some time ago.)

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

a homage to one of the truly great and groundbreakintg sitcoms of all time. in spite of the reunion occurring on "oprah." the "mtm show" was a tremendous ensemble.

when i worked the lobster shift at the daily news in the late '70s/early '80s, we'd watch reruns at 2 a.m. ah, good memories.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

what a stunner! "oprah" sucked!! too many guests not enuf time, especially since so much time was wasted by "oprah" and staff jerking itself off to how they re-created the sets.

hardly any of the former actors on the shos had a chance to say diddly. "inside the actor's studio" would do it a thousand times better. ;) ;) ;)

shame on me for thinking not even "oprah" could eff this up. she sure did.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's a painful lesson you've learned, Shockey.

But one you will never forget.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Reunions from non-kid shows are depressing because you just see how ancient everyone is now.

BTW, Oprah is totally full of shit but they did an incredible job building those sets to match the detail of the originals.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Was Chuckles the Clown there?

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh no! Not you too!

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

woulda been better without the sets and just concentrating on the actors. 8)

lesson learned, indeed, byh. ;)

old dogs can learn new tricks.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah but then the focus would have been on the actors AND NOT OPRAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're still here for you, Shockey.

Draft saved Draft deleted