1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Bless SI

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Walter_Sobchak, Aug 28, 2009.

1. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Why can't they be compared? SI likes to have a little fun now and then, sometimes on a large scale like Finch, sometimes on a small scale like Favre. Lighten up, folks.

2. ringer

ringer Active Member

Damn, I thought this thread was going to be about Bolt on the cover.
    A runner in a non-Olympic year!

It's been a while since SI recognized sports other than football, baseball, and basketball on the cover. Wish they did it more often.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

What is wrong with having a little bit of fun in a magazine?

4. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I'm bumping this thread because I was just flipping through the supposedly 100% Favre-free issue and noticed on p. 62 they reprint a tweet from Don Banks speculating about the timing of Favre's comeback. If you're going to trumpet a Favre-free issue, it would be a good idea to make damn sure that there are in fact, NO MENTIONS OF FAVRE. Inexcusable. Does SI even have copy editors anymore?

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Well it's the same one that in the scorecard section that reads Blue Jays' Jon Lester.

6. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

I agree. There are plenty of interesting athletes that don't play one of the top three sports, and more than a fair share, I imagine, are worthy of a cover every now and then.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I am not trying to be an asshole, but why do you think that?

I like hearing about other players and every week is gonna be all Favre.

Draft saved Draft deleted