1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Bless All Here!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I hear ya on that.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Had a damn fine evening. Began the festivities with a damn fine roast beef garnished with a choice of mint jelly, carrot marmalade or fresh horseradish...fuck corned beef! Roasted potatoes, of course. Aged Canadian cheddar on black pepper water crackers. Plenty of stout. Then watched a kick ass minor league hockey game. Home team won in a shootout. More stout. Only thing that would have made the evening perfect would have been a little squeeze box action to conclude mattters, but alas, I'm between girlfriends these days. I left my little K-Stater back in BFE. I went to the hockey game with one of my exes, who happens to live in this city to which I've just moved....

In all, a fine St. Patrick's.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Fuck corned beef? That's how you want to play it?

At my house, we had corned beef, cabbage, and german potato salad with green onions, which I reserve the right to call Irish potato salad. Because it tastes good and goes great with corned beef, that's why.

Then, beer.

4. writing irish

Oh, I actually like corned beef all right. Mmmm...salty.

I'm just glad I now live in a town where Guinness on tap exists. Wasn't the case back in BFE.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If you lived in a town where you couldn't get Guinness on tap, you surely made the right decision by moving.

For many, many reasons.

6. writing irish

No Guinness on tap, the constant smell cattle shit and urine, freaky people with bizarre religious beliefs and minimal social skills. I'll miss my little fraulein, but I'll shed no tears for having left that wretched burg.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Outing alert. Writing Irish is:

[​IMG]

8. writing irish

Dang it, I can't see the picture because I'm at home, where I have to use mrsneakie.com to access SportsJournalists.com and I don't get any pictures. SportsJournalists.com is a lot less fun with no images. Oh well, I'll be able to check tomorrow from work to see if my identity has indeed been revealed. ;)

9. writing irish

Hooray, I found a better proxy server. blockednomore.com works better than mrsneakie.com.

As for the picture, I can say that Mayberry would beat the fuck out of the town I just left. That shitass hellhole can only dream of being as pleasant as Mayberry.

10. Did they at least sing "The Parting Glass" to you as you left?

11. writing irish

In Feedlotville, there's a derivative song called "The Farting Ass":

Oh, all the cow dung that e'er I smelt
    I did not smell it happily
    And all the bull shite that e'er I sniffed
    I did not sniff it willingly

And all the pricks
    With small-dick trucks
    And proud Bush stickers on the back
    I raise to you the farting ass
    Goodnight, and shit-smell be with ye...