1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Go To Hell, Subway ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I go into a Subway today while in a bit of a hurry. There's no customers.

The employees are baking bread and cleaning the soda machine so I wait patiently in line for about two minutes until one slowly meanders over and asks what I want.

I start telling her what I want. As she's putting the meat on my foot long, a woman comes in line behind me and waits patiently.

The employee wraps up my sandwich, puts it in a bag and then tells me that she will ring me up in a minute.

She then proceeds to go help the customer behind me. WTF?

I turn to one of the girls at the soda machine, and in a bit of a raised, confused voice I say: excuse me, but could one of you please ring me out?

One of the teenage girls starts mumbling under her breath and I say, I'm sorry but I'm just kind of in a hurry.

"Well you don't have to be rude about it."

I look at her. "You're making me wait on the person BEHIND me. You think I'm being rude?"

"Yes."

I take my sandwich and leave.

I go to Subway all the time. This little policy of making the person in front wait while they help the person in back happens at certain franchises. It drives me crazy. The one next to my work does it and the lines are always out the fucking door.

Why do this?

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

You stole the sandwich? Nice.

3. No, I paid for it. I'm not that gangsta. If I was, I wouldn't come on a message board to complain about it.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I blame nose rings.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Oh, I just read it and I thought it said you just walked out after exchanging words with the teenager, not monetary units.

I would say to upper deck them, but since it's a Subway, you would have to drop the deuce on the roof. That may not go too well.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

The artists just don't care anymore.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You know the one that chaps my hide?

The McDonalds' franchises that have you pull forward from the drive thru so they can get you off the clock.

Fucking pisses me off. So, I don't go to McDonalds.

8. I know, don't go if I don't like the service.

But it's really the best place to eat healthy without dining on sprouts. I just don't know what the hell problem they have with first-come, first-serve.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No, I hear you. And I've had the same thing happen to me, and it's annoying.

But, it's just like the drive thru pull forward and sit in your car. They do it because they get away with it.

11. Rumpleforeskin

They think it would circulate the most people through in a short period of time. It usually works, but when you're alone in the line, it should be first-come first-served. As well as when someone comes in after you are at the register.

12. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I can tell you why this happened.

The gal making the sandwich cannot handle money. There is someone else who is supposed to be manning the register.

It's a 'health department can fine you' deal.

As far as the rudeness and laziness of the employees at that Subway, I have no answer other than call the store and talk to the manager. There's no excuse for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.