1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Go Black People! (Well, Black Coaches)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Um.....I still think Grossman sucks.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Just a guess, but by the time the game comes and goes, I think the two coaches will wish folks would stop referring to them as African-American coaches, and just call them Super Bowl coaches, without the comma race qualification comma.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Let's start the Cracker Backer club. Who's in?

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

But you like Chris Webber, C-T.

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Honestly, I didn't think about both QBs in the BCS title game being black until I saw the Rhoden thread about it. The coaches is a significant milestone that should be discussed, but I agree, I hope that being black, or African-American, or whatever is not all that defines Smith and Dungy for the next two weeks.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Just because I think he's a good fit for the Pistons dosn't mean I "like" him.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And now, a ballad from a powerful and important film from the 1990's that needs no introduction:

Awwwwwww . . .

I'm black y'all, and I'm black y'all, and I'm blacker than black, and I'm black y'all.
    I'm black y'all, and I'm black y'all, and I'm blacker than black, and I'm black y'all.
    I'm blickedy black blacker than black, black I'm blacker than black, yo! Because I'm black and I'm BACK!
    Yo, I'm black and I'm black, y'all, and I'm blacker than black and I'm black y'all. I'm black black black black black black black black black and I'm black, and I'm black because I'm BACK!

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Exactly.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Dungy and Smith are to be commended for their efforts in coaching their teams to a Super Bowl. Let us, however, keep the focus on the players on the field, please?

Oh, and one more thing -- to the Bears, please don't do another music video!

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Hey, Dyepack, isn't this the first Super Bowl with two former SEC QBs?

11. Chuck~Taylor

Oooooooooo

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Might be. I doubt it, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted