1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Go Ahead, I Dare Ya! I Double-Dare Ya!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 3, 2006.

1. http://mediamatters.org/items/200608030005

Note to Bill and Gerry --
    This is not a fight you can win.
    This will not end well at all.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Geraldo, of all people, shouldn't be criticizing others in TV. His career has been on a constant slide since he left 20/20. Next to Connie Chung, there's not another serious TV journalist who has fallen as far.

It's also very hypocritical of O'Reilly to talk about people enjoying the suffering of the powerful.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Gerry's never made any money off of "a public arena, where every action that we take is exaggerated and exacerbated by the people who don't like us."

Fuckin parasite

4. The sexual tension between Olbermann and O'Reilly is palpable.

Keith should just loufer O'Reilly's back and be done with it.

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

How about Stossel? Listening to him makes me truly believe David Schultz scrambled some of his brain cells.

6. Actually, I think Bill and Gerry are going to regret picking on Stewart and Colbert very much. That is what is really not going to end well.

7. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

For Loofa Boy or Gerry Rivers to call out Olbermann or Stewart or Colbert...well, that's like me going up to Mike Tyson in a club and slapping him across the face. You don't get in a verbal duel with a really bright smart ass...especially if you have all the baggage that Loofa Boy and Gerry Rivers have. I mean, all Olbermann/Stewart/Colbert have to do is say "Al Capone's vault" or "falafel" and it's all over. God forbid if they get hold of the footage of Gerry Rivers getting lipo on camera.
    (Curious point: I thought Gerry Rivers was half Jewish)

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If O'Reilly and Rivera were ripping someone else other than Olberman, I might tell them to STFU. However, Olberman, the most smug, pompous ass on the airwaves, deserves everything he gets.

And don't rip Stossel. He calls bullshit on a lot of stuff, and crosses the political spectrum. I love the guy.

9. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

I'm sure Bill is losing sleep woring about those two cock knockers

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm sure he does. He seems like the kind of person who Googles his own name every hour on the hour. How else would you explain KO's ability to get under his skin?

11. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Ughhh...Stossel is a smug douchebag. He's almost as nauseating as Loofa Boy. There was a sickening column he wrote, about how when his cobbled together book came out, he didn't get booked on NPR or get a review in the New York Times. But some unnamed "liberal reporter" who published a book at the same time got all those things....however, Stossel was crowing how his book sold a lot better. Turns out this "liberal reporter" was a staffer at the Washington Post who wrote a memoir about coping with MS and living in a wheelchair...the sort of thing that's right in the wheelhouse of NPR and the Times. And this "liberal reporter" was also an ex-boyfriend of Mrs. Stossel. I mean, the whole thing was a shining example of douchebaggery.

12. And, of course, Stossel is a cheat and a liar.
    By David Bauder
    Associated Press
    Tuesday, August 8, 2000; Page C07

NEW YORK, Aug. 7 –– ABC News admitted today that a "20/20" report by John Stossel questioning the relative purity of organic produce was wrong and that the reporter would apologize on the air Friday for his mistake.
    The network wouldn't say whether Stossel or any "20/20" staffers would be disciplined. An environmental watchdog group is calling for Stossel to be fired.
    The report, which was first aired in February and was repeated last month, seemed to debunk the common belief that organic food is safer than regular foods because no pesticides are used.
    Stossel said on the air that tests conducted on produce for ABC News "surprisingly found no pesticide residue on the conventional samples or the organic."
    The Washington-based Environmental Working Group charged that pesticide tests on produce were never conducted for the show. ABC, in its statement today, confirmed that the tests were not done…

Draft saved Draft deleted